Phil and Lyndell are officially "hitched", having exchanged marriage vows at Vlasoff Cay (or Middle Cay) at approximately 10am on Monday 19 January, 2009.

We ran away to get married to keep it simple. In many ways, the decision to elope was one of the easiest, however it brought with it complications we never imagined. More than anything, we hated concealing our plans from you, our friends and family. So, we kept this blog not only as part of our big "reveal" but also so that those of you who are interested could recount our experiences in planning our special day, if you choose.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Advice from a girlfriend... at last!

I've already indicated that a lack of bridesmaids meant I was missing the advice from friends throughout this whole getting hitched process. At last, a ride with the Ironmoles down the Coast gave me some advice I would never have thought about otherwise.

We were talking about engagement rings, starting from the observation that I didn't wear mine when riding but Jill does. I don't know how we got onto it but Jill told me that on your wedding day, you're supposed to wear your engagement ring on your right ring finger so your husband to be can easily slide your wedding band on your correct ring finger.

Apparently, Jill's bridesmaids told her that's what she should do, so she did. Who am I to argue with the advice of Jilly's bridesmaids... especially in the absence of my own!

No comments: