Phil and Lyndell are officially "hitched", having exchanged marriage vows at Vlasoff Cay (or Middle Cay) at approximately 10am on Monday 19 January, 2009.

We ran away to get married to keep it simple. In many ways, the decision to elope was one of the easiest, however it brought with it complications we never imagined. More than anything, we hated concealing our plans from you, our friends and family. So, we kept this blog not only as part of our big "reveal" but also so that those of you who are interested could recount our experiences in planning our special day, if you choose.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

The benefits of tradition - bridesmaids...

With only two months to the wedding, I knew there was no time to lose in finding a dress.

While I wasn't after the effort that goes into designing a bridal gown, I did want to find something that suited me and the location. I started my search at Toombul shopping centre, which in retrospect was my first mistake. But I was there, and thought need to get to the task at hand was too great to put off.

I realised during this fruitless couple of hours that perhaps bridesmaids were useful... at least they will be honest about how good or bad you look in a dress! I thought about the value of shopping with friends as opposed to going alone. For me, it's that friends will encourage me to try things that I normally wouldn't. So, I tried to adopt this philosophy. As a result, I tried on some shockers!

As I drove home I wondered if there was a way to rope someone in to helping me with choosing a dress without giving the game away...

No comments: