I continued my quest for the dress that afternoon at Indooroopilly.
A stroke of luck saw me run into a couple Megsy and I had met a few weeks before at a trail run, just as I was trying on what ended up being THE dress... I asked them what they thought and Deb said "Mike was just saying how great you looked, it really suits you."
Of course one thing led to another, and before long they asked whether it was for a special occasion. After a couple of weeks of secrecy, it was such a relief to tell someone that wasn't a complete stranger that I was shopping for my wedding dress. I took the opportunity to recount the entire story of the proposal and our intended elopement - guilt free and without restraint! Yippee!
I'd only spent a total of a couple of hours at the most searching for my wedding dress, but I saw this as a sign that the one I was wearing was, without a doubt, the one.
Phil and Lyndell are officially "hitched", having exchanged marriage vows at Vlasoff Cay (or Middle Cay) at approximately 10am on Monday 19 January, 2009.
We ran away to get married to keep it simple. In many ways, the decision to elope was one of the easiest, however it brought with it complications we never imagined. More than anything, we hated concealing our plans from you, our friends and family. So, we kept this blog not only as part of our big "reveal" but also so that those of you who are interested could recount our experiences in planning our special day, if you choose.
We ran away to get married to keep it simple. In many ways, the decision to elope was one of the easiest, however it brought with it complications we never imagined. More than anything, we hated concealing our plans from you, our friends and family. So, we kept this blog not only as part of our big "reveal" but also so that those of you who are interested could recount our experiences in planning our special day, if you choose.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment