Phil and Lyndell are officially "hitched", having exchanged marriage vows at Vlasoff Cay (or Middle Cay) at approximately 10am on Monday 19 January, 2009.

We ran away to get married to keep it simple. In many ways, the decision to elope was one of the easiest, however it brought with it complications we never imagined. More than anything, we hated concealing our plans from you, our friends and family. So, we kept this blog not only as part of our big "reveal" but also so that those of you who are interested could recount our experiences in planning our special day, if you choose.

Monday, November 17, 2008

I immediately warmed to Kay when I spoke with her. We spoke a few times during these first few days, about her availability, our plans, the date we had in mind, and the helicopter. Kay admitted at one stage that she doesn't normally do helicopters, but she made an exception for us. (I think I won her over by saying we had chosen her for her adventurous spirit.)

She did mention early on that we needed two witnesses, which made us think that maybe we should hire a photographer. Kay suggested Tracey Hayes of Azure Photograpy.

Just like with Kay, everything fell into place with Tracey. Her work looked like exactly what we wanted - casual and individual, rather than traditional wedding photography. I discussed this blog with her, and she was able to offer some great solutions to help us get our blog up as quickly as possible, with photos from my camera and an online photo album within days.

Phil's negotiations with the helicopter company took much more to-ing and fro-ing. We needed to check tides, get body weights of our witnesses, and the company needed to work out an individual package for us. Over the coming week or so, all this fell into place.

No comments: