Phil and Lyndell are officially "hitched", having exchanged marriage vows at Vlasoff Cay (or Middle Cay) at approximately 10am on Monday 19 January, 2009.

We ran away to get married to keep it simple. In many ways, the decision to elope was one of the easiest, however it brought with it complications we never imagined. More than anything, we hated concealing our plans from you, our friends and family. So, we kept this blog not only as part of our big "reveal" but also so that those of you who are interested could recount our experiences in planning our special day, if you choose.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Crisis averted

My dress is fine, our rings are accounted for, we've had all our paperwork checked by the Celebrant and called in to the helicopter company to confirm the flight. Not much can go wrong now...

However on arrival at the Shangri-La hotel, where we were staying, I was surprised... then slightly tetchy... then a little panicked on realising that there was a wedding expo at the hotel we're staying at. I was less than 24 hours away from getting through my engagement without so much as a bridal magazine... how did I managed to plonk myself into the centre of a Bridal Expo??? I told myself I just had to avoid the Event Room for the next couple of hours...

As I came down to the business centre in the hotel to update this blog... I walked almost right through the "Bride of the Year" awards. 25 would-be or has-been brides, dolled up in their gowns, bouquets and all... waiting in the lobby for their moment of glory on the catwalk.

Of course - they looked stunning. But I'd promised...

"Just look down and keep on walking, Lyndell", I said to myself as I continued stoically on my way. Crisis averted. ;-)

No comments: