Phil and Lyndell are officially "hitched", having exchanged marriage vows at Vlasoff Cay (or Middle Cay) at approximately 10am on Monday 19 January, 2009.

We ran away to get married to keep it simple. In many ways, the decision to elope was one of the easiest, however it brought with it complications we never imagined. More than anything, we hated concealing our plans from you, our friends and family. So, we kept this blog not only as part of our big "reveal" but also so that those of you who are interested could recount our experiences in planning our special day, if you choose.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Something borrowed!!!

Now that I was fairly sure I wasn't going to see anyone else before we eloped, I felt safe about telling my flatmate. I know, I know, it's meant to be a secret. But you can't really disappear for three days without explaining your absence. Well, I can't. My flatmate is too good a person. She would worry.

It ended up being quite a good purge about many (but not all) of the details. I mentioned I needed to get some nail polish... and bless her, she lent me some of hers. As this is a Western custom, I explained to Mandana the significance of having something borrowed (especially to me, who as an "eloper" was pretty much stuffed on this front).

OK, so you can't give the actual nail polish back. But my friends Cherie (the Guru) had blue nail polish for her "something blue". So, I figure it's fair game. And, I can give the rest of the nail polish back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m so happy for you two and congratulations, wish you and Phil all the very best :)

Regarding the nail polish, that was my pleasure Lyndell, and as I said before, I really felt privileged when you told me about your wedding. That was just a wonderful and romantic way of getting married :) … and of course you can keep the nail polish ;)

Take care and have FUN … I’m looking forward to seeing you soon.

Lots of love,

Mandana