Phil and Lyndell are officially "hitched", having exchanged marriage vows at Vlasoff Cay (or Middle Cay) at approximately 10am on Monday 19 January, 2009.

We ran away to get married to keep it simple. In many ways, the decision to elope was one of the easiest, however it brought with it complications we never imagined. More than anything, we hated concealing our plans from you, our friends and family. So, we kept this blog not only as part of our big "reveal" but also so that those of you who are interested could recount our experiences in planning our special day, if you choose.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hens Night aftermath

Well, I kept up the facade, though I had to directly call in our Alibi of going to Toowoomba on Sunday. I had a great night. It was quite impactful on me, for many reasons that it's not appropriate to go into here. Thank you girls!!!

I loved the ideas the girls had for my hens night (except for the bridal-white lycra... but I got that wiped off the list straight away). On reflection, I am hoping that I still can have a Hens Night. Yes, it will be post- actual wedding ceremony... but it can still be pre- wedding celebrations...

It will of course depend on Megsy, Annie, Donna and JJ (the "organising committee") and how they feel about Phil and I running away to get married on them! I hope, like me, they'll look back and cherish the night out we had, and on knowing our "secret", they see it with renewed significance.

I also hope that, as originally the "Practice Hens Nights" were going to be a really good excuse for a regular girls night out, we at least make a pact to have a girls night out more often.

No comments: